查看原文
其他

TED演讲:我嘴里的乐队

请点击关注 👉 爱天涯 2023-02-28

TED是一家非盈利机构,该机构以它组织的TED大会著称。TED指技术、娱乐、设计英语中缩写,这三个广泛的领域共同塑造着我们的未来。TED演讲特点是开门见山、观点响亮、看法新颖、种类繁多、毫无繁杂冗长的专业讲座。每一个演讲都可以说是最值得传播的思想,互联网让这些闪光的、值得传播的思想在世界各地传播......而TED大会宗旨就是:用思想的力量来改变世界!


在他精彩绝伦的表演中,节奏口技表演家汤姆·图姆用节奏、幽默和各式乐器模仿口技打造了一场11分钟时长的有趣又有创意的表演,一定会让你喜笑颜开。

TED视频TED演讲稿

My name is Tom, and I've come here today to come clean about what I do for money.

我叫汤姆,今天我来到这里向大家坦白交待我的谋生之道

Basically, I use my mouth in strange ways in exchange for cash.

基本上,我靠嘴巴以特殊的方式来换现金

I usually do this kind of thing in seedy downtown bars and on street corners,

我通常都在闹市区的破酒吧和街角做这事儿

so this mightn't be the most appropriate setting,

这里可能不算是个合适的地方

but I'd like to give you guys a bit of a demonstration about what I do.

但我还是想给大家稍微做个示范究竟我是从事什么工作

And now, for my next number, I'd like to return to the classics.

好了,下一个节目,我要回归经典

We're going to take it back, way back, back into time.

我们要倒退,大步倒退,回到过去

Billie Jean is not my lover.

比利·简不是我的情人。

She's just a girl who claims that I am the one.

她只是个女孩,声称我就是那个人。

But the kid is not my son. All right.

但那孩子不是我的骨肉。好了

Wassup. Thank you very much, TEDx.

大家好吗?非常感谢,TEDx

If you guys haven't figured it out already, my name's Tom Thum, and I'm a beatboxer,

如果大家还不知道的话,我叫汤姆·图姆,我是个口技表演家

which means all the sounds that you just heard

也就是说刚刚大家听到的所有声音

were made entirely using just my voice, and the only thing was my voice.

都是由我自己发出的,纯粹只有我的声音而已

And I can assure you there are absolutely no effects on this microphone whatsoever.

我可以向大家保证,这个麦克风绝对没有加任何的音效

And I'm very, very stoked. You guys are just applauding for everything. It's great.

我现在非常非常兴奋。你们可是什么都鼓掌啊,太棒了

Look at this, Mom! I made it!

看呀,妈妈!我成功了!

I'm very, very stoked to be here today,

今天能来到这里我很兴奋

representing my kinfolk and all those that haven't managed to make a career out of an innate ability for inhuman noisemaking.

代表所有同仁和所有与生俱来能够发出非人的声音,却还未成功创出一番天地的朋友们

Because it is a bit of a niche market,

因为这算是一个利基市场

and there's not much work going on, especially where I'm from.

而且这个圈子仍比较冷清,特别是我的家乡

You know, I'm from Brisbane, which is a great city to live in.

我来自布里斯班,是个非常宜居的城市

Yeah! All right! Most of Brisbane's here. That's good.

耶!好嘞!大多数的班城人都来了,很好

You know, I'm from Brizzy, which is a great city to live in,

大家知道我来自班城,是个非常宜居的城市

but let's be honest -- it's not exactly the cultural hub of the Southern Hemisphere.

但坦白说,那儿不算是南半球的文化中心

So I do a lot of my work outside Brisbane and outside Australia,

所以我在其他城市表演,在其他国家表演

and so the pursuit of this crazy passion of mine

我对这一份疯狂热情的追逐

has enabled me to see so many amazing places in the world.

使得我去到过世界上很多神奇的地方

So I'd like to share with you, if I may, my experiences.

所以,如果可以的话,我想和大家分享我的经历

So ladies and gentlemen, I would like to take you on a journey

女士们先生们,我将要带大家踏上一段旅程

throughout the continents and throughout sound itself.

穿越大洲,穿越声音

We start our journey in the central deserts.

我们的旅途从中央沙漠开始

And before we reach our final destination, ladies and gentlemen,

在到达本次旅途终点前,女士们先生们

I would like to share with you some technology

我想给大家展示一下

that I brought all the way from the thriving metropolis of Brisbane.

从新兴大都市布里斯班带来的一项技术

These things in front of me here are called Kaoss Pads,

我面前的这堆东西叫合成器

and they allow me to do a whole lot of different things with my voice.

它们让我能够用我的声音变化出不同效果

For example, the one on the left here

例如,左边这个功能

allows me to add a little bit of reverb to my sound,

能够让我的声音有一点混响的效果

which gives me that -- flavor.

产生了这样的效果

And the other ones here,

而这边这些

I can use them in unison to mimic the effect of a drum machine or something like that.

我可以利用合音模仿电子鼓或类似的声音

I can sample in my own sounds and I can play it back just by hitting the pads here.

我可以把自己的声音录下,只要按这些就可以回放

I got way too much time on my hands.

我的手可是闲得不得了啊

And last but not least,

最后

the one on my right here allows me to loop loop loop loop loop loop loop loop my voice.

右边的这个功能让我能够重复重复重复重复重复重复重复重复我的声音

So with all that in mind, ladies and gentlemen,

以上表演,女士们先生们

I would like to take you on a journey to a completely separate part of Earth

我要带大家踏上一段旅程,去到一个与这个世界分离的地方

as I transform the Sydney Opera House into a smoky downtown jazz bar.

我从悉尼歌剧院穿越到一个烟雾缭绕的闹市爵士酒吧

All right boys, take it away.

好了朋友们,开始吧

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to a very special friend of mine,

女士们先生们,我要向大家介绍一位特别的朋友

one of the greatest double bassists I know.

我认识的最伟大的低音歌手

Mr. Smokey Jefferson, let's take it for a walk. Come on, baby.

烟枪杰弗逊先生,让我们开始吧

All right, ladies and gentlemen,

好了,女士们先生们

I'd like to introduce you to the star of the show,

我要向大家介绍这次演出的明星

one of the greatest jazz legends of our time.

我们这个时代最伟大的爵士传奇之一

Music lovers and jazz lovers alike,

音乐和爵士爱好者们

please give a warm hand of applause for the one and only Mr. Peeping Tom. Take it away.

请大家热烈地鼓掌,欢迎独一无二的瞄眼汤姆先生。开始吧

Thank you, Thank you very much!

谢谢,谢谢大家!

特 别 声 明



公众号内提供的资源均为免费分享,大多来源于互联网,仅供于学习&交流,如有侵权、不妥请联系我们删除。同时,由于网络政策不确定性,相关资源随时会被删除或屏蔽,欲观从速,一旦被删则缘尽不可恢复!

END

更多资源:

欢迎在文章底部写下精彩留言哦!


主编/慕容风 监制/Richard
视频编辑/李小可 安雅制图/慕容秋水©爱天涯

您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存